Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beery Scones


Another recipe using beer; resulting in the most beautifully light fluffy scones I've had in a long time. I served them up straight out of the oven - to my husband as he was about to leave on a long-ish solo car trip - topped with my mum's blackberry jelly and thick cream.

Ingredients

3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup beer (I choose a Cascade Blonde)
1 cup cream
pinch salt

Method

Stir ingredients together and knead on a floured board until it just forms a dough. Form into a large rectangular shape and cut into desired shapes. Bake in 200C oven for about 10-15 mins or until risen and golden.

1 comment:

timbo101 said...

Bloody Good Scones. I was known for my scone making ability as a kid I am a scone conisoir. These are good. Do yourself a favour make these scones this winter and enjoy.......