Sunday, September 26, 2010

Soft chocolate and apricot biscuits

I love the food blog world.  Thousands of people, from all over the world, all baking and blogging in delicious harmony.

On a rare day of "nothing", after having dusted (yes! dusted!) our many bookshelves, I spent an hour or two trawling the many interesting food blogs I've accumulated in my favourites list over the last 9 or so months.  I came across a simple recipe for soft chocolate cinnamon and apricot biscuits and decided to give it a go.



The recipe can be found here, in the "I Bake For You :-)" blog.  I had to improvise a little (no SR flour = added extra baking powder; ganache = used 80g dark choc melted with a splash of cream in the microwave), but they still turned out very well.  You could add extra apricots for a more rustic texture, or slightly more sugar or milk chocolate instead of dark for a sweeter biscuit.



These ones were light and fluffy, 'cakey', and not too sweet.

3 comments:

L said...

Hello there!

Looks yummy! Glad the recipe was of some use. :D

Great blog you have here!

Ange said...

I love the sound of these biscuits, always looking for new recipes as Chloe loves a choc cookie, I will have to make them soon

Just Cake Girl said...

they looks so sweet ;)